- Return the value property: textObject.value.
- Set the value property: textObject.value = text.
- do this: var TestVar = document.getElementById(‘<%= txt_model_code.ClientID %>’).value; – deostroll.
- @deostroll thanks it worked..
- document.getElementById(‘<%= anothertextboxid.ClientID %>’).value=TestVar.
- as it is asp.net control, you can not get the value using getElementById().
- Display the variable using document. write() method.
- Display the variable to an HTML element content using innerHTML property.
- Display the variable using the window. alert() method.
There are a number of ways:
- Set a cookie server-side and then retrieve the cookie client side.
- Set a hidden form input to your value.
How do you assign a value to a text box?
JQuery | Set the value of an input text field
- Return the value attribute: $(selector).val()
- Set the value attribute: $(selector).val(value)
- Set the value attribute using function: $(selector).val(function(index, curValue))
The onblur event occurs when an object loses focus. The onblur event is most often used with form validation code (e.g. when the user leaves a form field). Tip: The onblur event is the opposite of the onfocus event. Tip: The onblur event is similar to the onfocusout event.
How do you assign a value to a variable in HTML?
- Definition and Usage. The tag is used to defines a variable in programming or in a mathematical expression.
- Browser Support. Element.
- Global Attributes. The tag also supports the Global Attributes in HTML.
- Event Attributes. The tag also supports the Event Attributes in HTML.
- Related Pages.
How can get value entered textbox using jQuery?
To get the textbox value, you can use the jQuery val() function. For example, $(‘input:textbox’). val() – Get textbox value.
What is the difference between onChange and Onblur?
onChange is when something within a field changes eg, you write something in a text input. onBlur is when you take focus away from a field eg, you were writing in a text input and you have clicked off it.