How do I fix code P0882?
What repairs can fix a P0882 code?
- Replacing battery.
- Diagnosing and repairing open circuits or shorts in transmission control circuit.
- Replacing alternator.
- Replacing starter.
- Repairing/replacing wiring in related circuits.
What does this code mean P0882?
Code P0882 indicates there isn’t enough power getting to the transmission module. This is usually due to a problem with the power input circuit. The ‘low’ portion of the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) indicates a short circuit, whereas ‘high’ would indicate and open circuit.
How do you reset the transmission control module on a Nissan?
How to reset a transmission control module Chevy
- Step 1: Turn key position. The first thing you want to do is place your key in the ignition and turn it twice so all of the lights on the dashboard illuminate.
- Step 2: Foot on the gas pedal.
- Step 3: Turn key off and release gas pedal.
- Step 4: Wait.
- Step 5: Ready to drive.
What is TCM power input low?
What Does the P0882 Code Mean? Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0882 stands for “TCM Power Input Signal Low.” This code may be logged when the powertrain control module (PCM) detects that the transmission control module (TCM) isn’t getting enough power or has a low voltage condition.
How much does a transmission control module cost?
The replacement cost of a transmission control module will be anywhere from $500 to $900. You can expect the parts costs to be around $450 to $700 while the labor costs will be around $50 to $200. Of course, you can order a new TCM online and ask a mechanic what their hourly labor rates are.
How do I reset my Nissan CVT transmission?
- Turn AC off.
- Move the shift selector to the Park position, turn ignition off, then wait 5 seconds.
- Start the engine and allow it to idle for 5 seconds.
- Turn the ignition off and wait 30 seconds.
- Perform steps 4 and 5 two more times for a total of three cycles.
- Restart the engine.
Can you reset a CVT transmission?
Start off in [D] position, and drive the vehicle until vehicle speed reaches 60 km/h (37 mph), then decelerate the vehicle in more than 5 seconds without pressing the brake pedal to reach completion.
How much does it cost to replace TCM?
Can you drive with a bad transmission control module?
It is not recommended to drive long distances with a bad transmission control module. Without a properly working transmission control module, you could experience serious mechanical issues that require expensive repairs.