Table of Contents
How do I get rid of page 0 in Word?
- Open the Header & Footer Tools by double-clicking inside the header or footer area.
- Select Design > Page Number > Format Page Numbers.
- Set Start at to 0 and select OK.
- Select Different First Page.
- Select Close Header and Footer.
How do I create a link to a PDF document?
To add hyperlinks, just take the following steps:
- Open your PDF document using Adobe.
- Click on Tools > Edit PDF > Link. Then select “Add/Edit Web or Document Link. Next, drag a box to where you want to add the hyperlink to.
- Last, save the file, and it will add the hyperlink to the document.
How do I fix page numbers in Word table of contents?
To customize your existing table of contents:
- Go to References > Table of Contents.
- Select Custom table of contents.
- Use the settings to show, hide, and align page numbers, add or change the tab leader, set formats, and specify how many levels of headings to show.
Why do all my page numbers say 1?
Either you have restarted the page number in one of the sections, and every subsequent section is restarting at the same number (and you have a LOT of sections), or (more likely) the page number has just been typed. In the Page Number Format dialog, choose the radio button for “Continue from previous section.”
Why do page numbers start at 0?
For example, if the Even Page Header contains the picture, and the Even Page Footer contains the page number, then that page number will display as 0.
How do I hide page numbers in Word?
Click on the first page of your document and then click Insert Menu -> Page Numbers to display the Page Numbers dialog box. Select the positioning for your page numbers. Uncheck ‘Show number on first page’.
How do I right align page numbers in a table of contents?
- Access the paragraph formatting window.
- In the paragraph formatting window, click “Tabs.”
- Under “Tab stop position,” enter 6.
- Do this to all of your TOC headings, and your numbers will be aligned perfectly.
Should page numbers start after table of contents?
After the page numbering has been added, then add the Table of Contents and/or update the Table of Contents. The preliminary pages with the exception of the Title page use lowercase Roman numerals, which are centered and at least ½” from the bottom of the page (in the footer).