How do I put the SIM in my iPhone 5?
Apple® iPhone® 5 – Insert SIM Card
- Ensure the device is powered off.
- From the right edge of the device, remove the SIM card tray. Utilize the SIM eject tool (or paperclip) to unlock the tray by inserting it into the provided slot.
- Insert the SIM card into the SIM card tray.
- Insert the SIM card tray.
How do you put a SIM card in an iPhone 5 without the tool?
Stick the straight side of the paper clip into the SIM card ejector hole as far as it will go. With the paper clip in the hole, use your thumb to press firmly until the tray protrudes. It should slide out slowly rather than pop out.
How do I insert a SIM card into an iPhone?
About this article
- Turn off the iPhone.
- Locate the SIM slot on the side or top edge.
- Find the SIM tool or straighten a paperclip.
- Insert the SIM tool or paperclip into the hole next to the slot.
- Pull out the SIM tray.
- Replace the old SIM with the new SIM.
- Slide the SIM tray back in.
- Turn the phone back on.
What kind of SIM card is in iPhone 5?
For those with an iPhone 5 or later, the Nano-SIM is the SIM card you’ll need.
How do I insert my SIM card?
With older Android smartphones, the SIM card compartment is located under the battery on the back of your phone. You’ll need to remove the back cover of your phone and battery to insert the SIM card. Power off your phone and remove the back cover. Next, remove the battery from the back of your phone.
How do I install a new SIM card?
- Make sure your phone is off.
- Locate the small hole on the side of the phone.
- Insert the tool provided or a paperclip into the hole, which releases the SIM tray.
- Take out the old SIM card and place the new one in the same way.
- Carefully push the tray back in.
- Turn on the phone.
How do you put a SIM card in?
Where is the SIM card on my iPhone?
Locate the SIM tray The SIM tray is located on the right side of the device. To insert a SIM card, insert a SIM tool into the small hole to eject the SIM tray.
How do I put a SIM card in the iPhone 5S?
Use a paperclip or the Sim card removal tool that came with the iPhone 5S and align end with the pinhole 3. Push paperclip/tool in until the tray slides out 4. Remove tray and fit the NanoSIM card (contact points facing down) 5. Align the two pin holes and reinsert tray into phone 6. Press tray into phone and that’s it – drink a beer!
What to do if your iPhone 5 won’t recognize the SIM card?
Make sure that the SIM Card inserted is supported by your phone. If it is not, have it unlocked by an expert. In case you lost your SIM ejector, a small pin like a hairpin or paper clips may do the job. In case your phone will not recognize the SIM Card, re-insert it or restart your iPhone 5.
How do I install a nanoSIM card on my iPhone 5S?
Locate the NanoSIM Slot 2. Use a paperclip or the Sim card removal tool that came with the iPhone 5S and align end with the pinhole 3. Push paperclip/tool in until the tray slides out 4. Remove tray and fit the NanoSIM card (contact points facing down) 5.
How do I change the SIM card in my phone?
Contact the cellular carrier you use for service and request a new SIM. They may charge you a small fee of around for a new SIM. When you pick up the SIM at their storefront location, ask a sales representative to help you insert the SIM and get it set up correctly.