How do you animate a movement in Sketchup?
Animating scenes in SketchUp
- Context-click the scene tab that you want to begin the animation and select Play Animation from the menu that appears.
- In the Scenes manager, select the scene that you want to begin the animation, and select View > Animation > Play from the menu bar.
Can Sketchup do animation?
Aside from being a generic tool for CAD, SketchUp is also capable of creating basic flythrough-style animations. Additionally, thanks to plug-ins, the program can become even more powerful, allowing you to animate individual objects with independent motions.
How do you rotate something in Sketchup?
With the Select tool (Spacebar), select the object you’d like to rotate. Activate the Rotate tool by pressing (Q) on your keyboard. Click the point where you’d like to rotate from, but this time, hold down the mouse button and drag outwards, perpendicular to the plane you’d like to rotate on.
How do you set angles in SketchUp?
To measure an angle and create an angled guide line, follow these steps:
- Select the Protractor tool ( ).
- Click to set the vertex of the angle that you want to measure.
- Click where the angle that you want to measure begins.
- Move the cursor to measure the angle.
- Click to set an angled guide line.
How do you rotate a flat object in SketchUp?
ROTATE 2D FLAT STUFF…!!!
- select the area you want to rotate (eg an elevation)
- click the rotation tool.
- hover over the plane you want to rotate in so that the protractor tool changes colour.
- hold [shift]
- move the cursor to the line you want the axis to be on.
- move in one direction.
- type “90” [return]
How do I create a dynamic component in Sketchup?
To add attributes, follow these steps:
- Select the component you want to make dynamic.
- On the Dynamic Components toolbar, click the Component Attributes tool ( ) or select Window > Component Attributes.
- Click the Add Attribute plus sign icon to see a list of options.
What is a dynamic component in SketchUp?
A basic component becomes reusable and separate from other geometry. PRO If you’re a SketchUp Pro user, you can add attributes to create dynamic components. Users can then configure certain aspects of the component, or the component can add steps to staircases or pickets to fences as you scale the dynamic component.