How do you cover a bookshelf with fabric?
- Sand and prime if necessary.
- Cut a piece of fabric large enough to cover your shelf, plus half an inch on the ends.
- Apply a layer of Mod Podge Matte onto one side of your shelf.
- Apply Mod Podge to the front edge of the shelf and carefully fold the fabric over it, smoothing it into place.
How do you display things on a bookshelf?
Rule of thumb, according to Klugh: Put heavier objects, like art books or storage bins, on the bottom of the shelves. Lighter objects, like paperbacks, should go toward the top. “You want to feel like it’s well rounded,” Klugh says of the bookshelf.
How do you dress up a bookshelf?
Lean artwork along the back of the shelves, and anchor them with books or heavier objects. To decorate the bookcase, place a few small pieces of art near the front of the shelves to give them depth. Bulky vases or decorative plates can hide their heft behind small frames without losing their uniqueness.
What can I use to cover the back of my bookshelf?
Adding pretty paper or fabric to the back of a bookcase, cabinet, or bookshelves is one of my favorite ways to change it without paint. Plus it’s super easy and inexpensive especially if you are using wrapping paper, fabric, or craft paper you already have on hand.
How do you stagger 3 floating shelves?
When using three shelves, place the middle shelf higher or lower than the one on either side. Five shelves can be staggered with two or three higher than the others, alternating every other shelf for a horizontal grouping.
How do you make a bookshelf look nice?
I’ve got three great tips for making your bookshelf look a little more styled.
- Vary Horizontal and Vertical Stacking. I like to start by dividing up all my books by size.
- Add Color to The Back of Your Bookshelf. This is a great way to make your bookshelf look more harmonious.
- Display Books by Size and Use Bookends.
What can I use for the back of a bookcase?
DIY Bookshelf Backing Supplies You’ll need enough foam board to fill the back of each shelf. For fabric, you’ll need the size of back you want to cover, plus 3-4″. So if your shelf back is 10 x 28, your fabric would need to be 13×31.