How does it make you feel when a speaker does not make eye contact with you?
When you fail to make eye contact with your listeners, you look less authoritative, less believable, and less confident. When you don’t look people in the eye, they are less likely to look at you. Sustained, focused eye contact makes you feel more confident and act more assertively.
How do you speak to different audiences?
Speaking to Diverse Audiences
- Enunciate clearly. If possible, try to speak with a neutral accent to better include all audience members.
- Don’t speak too fast.
- Be careful with metaphors.
- Know the meanings of words outside your native language.
- Avoid slang, jargon and idiomatic expressions.
- Be mindful of body language, eye contact and personal space.
What is the best way you can connect with your audience in a presentation?
Engage the audience — get them interested, give them a reason to listen. How?
- Describe a scene or a character.
- Tell a story.
- Share a personal experience.
- Relate to a recent event.
- Piggyback on a previous speaker’s remark or theme.
- Point out something important about the audience or the current setting.
What avoiding eye contact means?
Avoiding eye contact is an attempt to hide something like social awkwardness, interest, or attraction (maybe they like you). Often people avoid eye contact or exaggerate eye contact when lying. They are afraid of being exposed. Eye movement is driven emotionally and unconsciously.
What eye contact can tell you?
Eyes can tell you a lot about a person, especially if they are faking a smile or not. When a real smile is formed, the eyes narrow and create lines at the outer corners. Dilated pupils can be a sign of interest. When you are interested in someone or something, your pupils will dilate.
Does making eye contact make you fall in love?
Making eye contact while you kiss can increase the intimacy and affection you feel for your partner. In the beginning it might feel odd to stare into your partner’s eyes as you make out, but working in short glances and even more prolonged eye contact can make kissing more intimate and more steamy at the same time.