What are some cool phrases in Spanish?
Popular Spanish Sayings
- No hay dos sin tres. Literal: There is no two without three.
- Nuevo rey, nueva ley. Literal: New king, new law.
- Más vale maña que fuerza. Literal: Better skill than strength.
- Más se consigue lamiendo que mordiendo.
- Favor con favor se paga.
- Dar gato por liebre.
- El que tiene boca se equivoca.
- Gastar saliva.
What are some cool Mexican words?
20 Mexican Slang Words
- Chido. Chido means cool, awesome.
- Chavo/chava. These words mean boy and girl, and are understood in most Latin American countries, thanks to the popular Mexican TV show El Chavo del 8.
- Güey. In the past, güey used to be a bad word, but not anymore.
- La neta.
- ¡No manches!
What are some Mexican sayings?
Mexican proverbs or sayings are popularly known and repeated through generations.
How do you use Buena Onda?
La onda/buena onda – An ‘onda’ is literally a wave but refers to the vibe of something. ‘Buena onda’ is used to say something is cool, a good vibe. I hardly ever hear ‘chevre’ or ‘guay’ to describe something as cool – it’s buena onda.
What are cute Spanish nicknames for your boyfriend?
Cute Spanish nicknames for loved ones
- Mi Rey: My king / Mi Reina: My Queen. It doesn’t mean that person is royalty.
- Princesa/Príncipe. It translates Princess or Prince and is a common way to call your partner.
- Media Naranja.
- Darling: Mi Amor: My Love.
What is Chevere?
chévere (plural chéveres) (slang, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, El Salvador) terrific, cool, awesome, nifty synonym ▲ Synonyms: see Thesaurus:guay.
What’s up Mexican slang?
In Mexico, ¿Qué tal? means “What’s happening?” or “What’s up?” as opposed to “How are you?” or “How are things going?” as you may have learned in your Spanish textbook or class. So, it’s much more casual than the same phrase would be in other dialects of Spanish.
What Orale means?
Medical Definition of orale : the point where a line drawn tangent to the inner margin of the sockets of the two middle incisors of the upper jaw and projected onto the hard palate intersects the midsagittal plane.
What is La Onda?
La Onda (The Wave) was a multidisciplinary artistic movement created in Mexico by artists and intellectuals as part of the worldwide waves of the counterculture of the 1960s and the avant-garde.
What does Onda Wey?
The Meaning of ‘Que Onda’ in Spanish It’s a common informal greeting interpreted as “what’s up?”. If you translate que onda in Spanish, it literally translates to “What wave?” in English.
What do Mexican guys call their girlfriends?
Let’s start with the traditional names like “mi amor” and “mi vida.” “Mi amor” simply means “my love” while “mi vida” means “my life.” Some of the most common Spanish pet names include “corazón” and “cielo.” “Mi corazón” means “my (sweet)heart” and “cielo” is the equivalent of “darling” or “honey” in English.