Table of Contents
What are the employers responsibilities?
- Provide a workplace free from serious recognized hazards and comply with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.
- Examine workplace conditions to make sure they conform to applicable OSHA standards.
- Make sure employees have and use safe tools and equipment and properly maintain this equipment.
What is unsafe condition examples?
Unsafe conditions are hazards that have the potential to cause injury or death to an employee. Some of these hazards include erroneous safety procedures, malfunctioning equipment or tools, or failure to utilize necessary safety equipment such as goggles and masks.
What is community safety all about?
Community safety is about feeling safe, whether at home, in the street or at work. It is defined as promoting the concept of community based action to inhibit & remedy the causes and consequences of criminal, intimidatory and other related anti-social behaviour.
How can we promote community safety?
We have some simple tips here.
- Make friends with neighbors. Familiarizing yourself with neighbors can be a win-win situation.
- Organize neighborhood safety efforts.
- Keep up your yard.
- Exercise caution when out of town.
- Close windows and blinds at night.
- Improve lighting on your street.
- Install a security system.
What are the four basic elements for correcting unsafe conditions?
There are four basic elements to all good health and safety programs:
- Management Commitment and Employee Involvement.
- Worksite Analysis.
- Hazard Prevention and Control.
- Training for Employees, Supervisors, and Managers.
What is a OHS policy?
A safe and healthy workplace and environment. Necessary information, training and supervision to ensure that each employee is safe from injury and risks to their health. Effective consultation with employees and their unions on all OH&S issues.