Table of Contents
What does a receptionist say when answering the phone?
Be polite. Have a standard greeting and use it each time you pick up the phone. “Good morning, it’s a great day at [Office Name]. My name is [Receptionist’s Name]. How can I help you?” Any greeting will do, just make sure it’s professional and pleasant
What should be avoided while being on a call?
Top 10 Things to Avoid Doing When You Answer the Phone
- Skip The Speaker Phone. It’s convenient, sure – but it doesn’t give your callers the sound quality they deserve.
- Ditch The Chewing Gum.
- Avoid Distractions.
- Eliminate Inconsistencies.
- Limit Background Noises.
- Don’t Whisper.
- Don’t Shout.
- Do Not Use Poor Equipment.
What is expected from a receptionist?
The business duties of a receptionist may include answering visitors’ enquiries about a company and its products or services, directing visitors to their destinations, sorting and handing out mail, answering incoming calls on multi-line telephones or, earlier in the 20th century, a switchboard, setting appointments.
How do you handle guest queries over the phone?
Handling customer inquiries over the phone
- Greet the caller courteously.
- Say the name of the organization.
- Introduce yourself.
- Find out why the customer is calling.
- Listen to the customer and take notes if necessary.
- Repeat the information to the customer to show them that you’ve understood the question, and apologize if there is an issue.
How do you talk professionally on the phone?
10 tips for answering and handling calls professionally
- Promptly answer calls.
- Be warm and welcoming.
- Introduce yourself and your business.
- Speak clearly.
- Do not use slang or buzz words.
- Ask before you put people on hold.
- Don’t just put calls through.
- Be prepared for your calls.
How do I make a reservation over the phone?
How to Take Reservation on Phone
- Pick up the phone before 3 rings.
- Greet the caller according to the time.
- It is advisable to greet in this way “Good Morning.
- Try to identify caller gender by his or her sound.
- Try to understand why the caller calls.
What are the do’s and don’ts of telephone handling?
The Dos and Don’ts of Telephone Etiquette
- DO – Smile when you talk to people.
- DON’T – Be distracted.
- DO – When you answer the phone, greet the caller warmly and advise who they are talking to.
- DON’T – Shout or whisper.
- DO – Speak clearly.
- DON’T – Leave the caller on hold for too long.
- DO – Make the caller feel welcome.
What does a salon receptionist do?
Salon Receptionist responsibilities include greeting customers upon their arrival, answering clients’ questions about services via phone, email or in person and processing transactions. To be successful in this role, you should be highly organized and able to manage clients with grace, even during peak demand.
What is the first thing that a receptionist does on receiving a call?
The first thing that a receptionist has to do after picking up a call is to greet the caller with a positive greeting and immediately after the greeting the receptionist should mention their name followed by the name of the place that is being called
What is the golden rule when dealing with a phone call?
Listen carefully, speak clearly, and be friendly. Always begin a call by introducing yourself or your company, if applicable. Make sure your voice projects strength and clarity. Use good posture and sit up straight, with your feet on the floor when talking on the phone.
Who should say hello first on the phone?
2. Immediately introduce yourself. Upon picking up the phone, you should confirm with the person whom they have called. In personal calls, it’s sufficient to begin with a “Hello?” and let the caller introduce themselves first
What is call etiquette?
Phone etiquette is the way you use manners to represent yourself and your business to customers via telephone communication. This includes the way you greet a customer, your body language, tone of voice, word choice, listening skills and how you close a call
How do you attend a call in reception?
5 Easy Steps to Flawless Phone Answering
- Greet your caller graciously. “Hello” doesn’t cut it.
- Mind your manners. You may be new to the receptionist game, but if you’re nice, no one will notice.
- Deflect with style.
- Avoid dead ends.
- Keep calm and carry on.
What should you not do on the phone?
Avoid taking calls or playing games while charging mobile If you have the tendency to play games, watch videos or talk over the phone while it is charging then you should stop doing it. The phone not only gets overheated unnecessarily there are chances of electrocution as well
How do you not answer the phone?
8 ways not to answer a telephone.
- Chewing: Even though you’re enjoying your meal, callers won’t.
- Finishing a conversation: From the second you pick up the receiver, it’s all about the customer.
- Multi-tasking: The caller will sense whether or not they have your full attention.
How a receptionist should dress?
Button-down shirts, blouses and sweaters are acceptable options for receptionists. Although there are a variety of blouse styles available, low necklines are discouraged. Collared and tailored shirts are encouraged but fitted shirts, t-shirts and sleeveless shirts are not appropriate for a business casual environment.
What should I say when answering the phone?
#2 The phone should be answered with a positive greeting such as “Hello,” “Good Morning,” or “Good Afternoon,” etc. Following the greeting, the person who answers the phone should give his or her name and the name of the business or organization that is being contacted.
What to say when making reservations?
When calling say, “Hi, I’d like to place a reservation for this coming Saturday at 5.” The host will then likely ask how many people are in your party and tell you if that time and date is available.