What does hide ink mean in Word?
When the Hide Ink icon is “highlighted” in grey, ink markup is being hidden. When it is not highlighted, ink markup is being shown.
How do I format hidden text in Word?
- Select the text you want to hide or the hidden text.
- Click the Home tab, and then click the Font Dialog Box Launcher.
- Click the Font tab. Click to view larger image.
- Select or clear the Hidden check box.
- Click OK.
Why do we format the text?
Formatting makes the document readable , easy and comprehensible to the person reading it. Points are laid out clearly and consistently. If they are not, either the reader will misinterpret the meaning of the document, or stop reading it altogether.
How do I change text from bold to normal in Word?
If you prefer to use the Replace dialog:
- Press Ctrl+H to open the Replace dialog.
- Click More >> to display the extra options.
- Click in the Find what box, but leave it blank.
- Click Format > Font…
- Select Bold in the Font Style list.
- Click OK.
Where is the Format Text tab?
Open one word document, in the group of the “Menus” tab at the far left of the Ribbon of word you can view the “Format” menu and execute many commands from the drop-down menu of Format.
Should foreign place names be italicized?
A foreign term (if you use it repeatedly, only italicize it the first time. Do not italicize a foreign name like Fifi LaPlant or a foreign city or street name.)
What are ink annotations in Word?
Ink Annotation The personal touch of your handwriting provides special emphasis to key points of documents and presentations. Ink comments and annotations are available with Microsoft Office 2003 products.
How do you italicize certain text?
To italicize specific text: “Italicize <text>”
What can you change to format the text?
Change the text size Select the text that you want to change, and then on the ribbon, do one of the following: Specify a font size on the Message tab in the Basic Text group. Specify a font size on the Format Text tab in the Font group. Press Ctrl+Shift+> or Ctrl+Shift+<
Why is my text not showing in Word?
When the display of hidden text is turned off, the text is not deleted, its display is simply suppressed—it is not shown. When you later display hidden text, it will all be displayed again. To turn off the display of hidden text on the screen, follow these steps: Display the Word Options dialog box.
How do I find a hidden text box in Word?
Finding an Invisible Text Box
- Display the Word Options dialog box.
- Click Advanced at the left side of the dialog box.
- Scroll through the options until you can see the Show Document Content section.
- Make sure the Show Picture Placeholders check box is cleared.
- Make sure the Show Drawings and Text Boxes on Screen check box is selected.
- Click on OK.
How do I get rid of bold text?
Note that you can also elect to click the Clear All Formatting button if you want to remove all of the formatting from the selected text. Additionally, pressing Ctrl + B on your keyboard will allow you to bold or un-bold selected text.