What does it mean to fix your thoughts on Jesus?
Fixing your thoughts on Jesus means you are putting your focus on the One who is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow (Hebrews 13:8).
What do you think of Jesus who was he?
He is believed to be the Jewish messiah who is prophesied in the Hebrew Bible, which is called the Old Testament in Christianity. It is believed that through his Crucifixion and subsequent Resurrection, God offered humans salvation and eternal life, that Jesus died to atone for sin to make humanity right with God.
What is baptism and its purpose?
Those baptized by John acknowledged their sins and professed their faith that through the coming Messiah they would be forgiven. Baptism is significant in that it represents the forgiveness and cleansing from sin that comes through faith in Jesus Christ.
What was Nicodemus question to Jesus?
“How can a man be born when he is old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb to be born!” Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.
What do you say during baptism?
- “Warmest wishes on your baptism…and welcome to our community of faith.”
- “You’re getting baptized—and I’m feeling overjoyed for you!”
- “Rejoicing with you as you celebrate your baptism.
- “May you always remember this day, and may God’s joy, love and peace fill you through all your tomorrows.”
Did Nicodemus become believer?
James F. Driscoll describes Nicodemus as a learned and intelligent believer, but somewhat timid and not easily initiated into the mysteries of the new faith. In Chapter 7, Nicodemus advises his colleagues among “the chief priests and the Pharisees”, to hear and investigate before making a judgment concerning Jesus.
What are some facts about Jesus?
35 Amazing Jesus Christ Facts
- Muslims believe Christ was a prophet and a messenger of God.
- Mary Magdalene initially mistook Jesus for the gardner until he said her name.
- Via Dolorosa is translated as “Way of Suffering”
What is the essential message of Jesus?
The kingdom of God is the central theme of Jesus’ preaching. Through stories and images, Jesus teaches that God’s presence among us—his powerful reign—is both mighty and quiet, both welcoming and demanding.