What glasses for what face shape?
A Visual Guide to Choosing the Perfect Pair of Glasses for Your Face Shape
- 1/10. For Square Face Shapes: Thin, Round Frames.
- 2/10. For Square Face Shapes: Mirrored Cat-Eye Frames.
- 3/10. For Round Face Shapes: Clear Frames.
Does face shape matter for glasses?
So in summary, yes use the face shape rules as a rough guide and work from there but never be afraid to try on glasses that are “just not the right shape for your face”. My advice is try on as many as you can or are willing to, you’ll be surprised with how many suit you.
How do I choose glasses for my face?
Look for rounded, thinner frames that are wider than your cheekbones, while remaining proportional to the length and width of your face:
- Round frames: Bring contrast to angular features.
- Oval frames: Soften and balance defined square face lines.
- Coloured frames: Draw attention to the eyes.
How do I choose the right frame for my face?
The general rule of thumb is to choose frames that contrast the shape of your face, provide balance, and bring out your facial features.
What are D frame glasses?
Eyeglasses in this style have taken various shapes and forms. A D-shaped frame is usually as tall as they are wide and they always showcase a browline that is retro-inspired. When seeing on its sides, the overall shape of the lens resembles the letter “D.”
How do I choose glasses online?
Face shape is one important consideration when shopping for new glasses or sunglasses. As a general rule, frames that contrast with the angles of your face look best. That means people with round faces tend to look good in rectangle frames, while those with square faces should consider round or oval frames.
How do I choose glasses app?
If you need help shopping for your perfect pair of glasses at SelectSpecs, here are the top 5 apps that might help you!
- Face Shape Meter from VisTech.
- Glasses Camera from Keliang Li (free)
- Glassify from XLabz Technologies (free)
- Virtual Dressing Room from Mikhail Zelin (free)
- PD Meter from Tech Positive (free)
What type of glasses make you look younger?
Glasses frames that make you look younger tend to be bold in colour and thick in construction. Chunky glasses seem more daring, more exuberant, which alludes to a younger style.