What is an example of a thesis statement?
A thesis statement should show exactly what your paper will be about, and will help you keep your paper to a manageable topic. For example, if you’re writing a seven-to-ten page paper on hunger, you might say: World hunger has many causes and effects. This is a weak thesis statement for two major reasons.
What is logical thesis statement?
It is a thesis statement that adds logic and coherency to your writing. How? A logical and coherent essay can be written only around a thesis statement: presented in the introduction, supported in the body paragraphs, and restated in the conclusion.
How do you write an indirect thesis statement?
The indirect thesis statement does not state the explicit reasons, while the direct thesis statement does. If one writes, “I love New York for 3 reasons,” the fact that they love New York is the topic, and “3 reasons” are an indirect thesis statement. The essay will contain the 3 reasons.
How do you make a good thesis statement?
A good thesis statement will usually include the following four attributes:
- take on a subject upon which reasonable people could disagree.
- deal with a subject that can be adequately treated given the nature of the assignment.
- express one main idea.
- assert your conclusions about a subject.
What are the two types of thesis statements?
1. There are two major types of thesis statements: explanatory and argumentative.
What are 2 things that should not be in a thesis statement?
Things to Avoid in a Thesis Statement
- Too Broad Statement.
- Statement that does not represent the contents of the paper adequately.
- Statement that describes a fact rather than the arguable claim.
- Statement that offers personal opinion using terms such as “In my opinion” or “I believe”
- Statement with the wrong format.