What is the best complete works of Shakespeare?
A Brief History of the Complete Works of Shakespeare
- The Oxford Shakespeare (Second Edition) A ground breaking edition, the Oxford Shakespeare (2nd) is the benchmark for all things textual.
- The Riverside Shakespeare. The old-standby.
- The Arden Shakespeare.
- The RSC Complete Works.
- The Norton Shakespeare.
- The Alexander Text.
How do you write an analytical essay for Shakespeare?
Shakespeare Essay: The Writing Process.
- Select a topic and conduct in-depth research on it (you may use one from the list above).
- Compose an outline to give your essay structure.
- Select evidence to support each of your arguments.
How do you read an article?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Reading a Primary Research Article
- Begin by reading the introduction, not the abstract.
- Identify the big question.
- Summarize the background in five sentences or less.
- Identify the specific question(s).
- Identify the approach.
- Read the methods section.
- Read the results section.
What is analyzing an article?
The Article Analysis Summarizes an article’s main points. Analyzes the evidence offered to support the writer’s main point, taking care to point out where there are flaws in the argument.
Which Shakespeare should I read first?
If you are about to read Shakespeare for the first time then choosing the right play will help tremendously. Luckily variety is not a problem. I’d recommend starting with one of the most popular ones. Something like ‘Romeo and Juliet’, ‘Macbeth’, ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’, ‘Othello’ or ‘The Merchant of Venice’.
How do you write Shakespeare?
Shakespeare used a metrical pattern consisting of lines of unrhymed iambic pentameter, called blank verse. His plays were composed using blank verse, although there are passages in all the plays that deviate from the norm and are composed of other forms of poetry and/or simple prose.
How do you quote lines from Shakespeare?
How to Quote Shakespeare
- Italicize the titles of plays. Richard III or Othello.
- Place a parenthetical reference after each quotation containing its act, scene, and line numbers separated by periods. Do not use page numbers.
- Use arabic numerals for all reference numbers.
- Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks.