Why do I feel bad after helping someone?
If you feel bad after you help (or give), you’ve helped for the wrong reasons. Sometimes we have to learn not to get involved in Other People’s Business by making ourselves the solution to their personal problems which are theirs to solve.
Which refers to the things that we know about ourselves that others do not know?
Another room is hidden. This represents things you know about yourself that others don’t know. This might include feelings that you don’t share, or other things you conceal from others. This is the “private” you.
What is unknown by the person about him herself but which others know?
Blind Spot — Unknown to self, but known to others: Sometimes we communicate something we are unaware of.
What can you do to be kind to others?
Here are some tried and true ideas for how to be kind with those special people in our life.
- Surprise them with an unexpected visit or phone call.
- Give them a big hug.
- Express your empathy.
- Give them a handwritten card or letter.
- Babysit for free.
- Write them a letter.
- Make them a meal.
- Go visit your parents.
How do you help someone who wont help themselves?
But you can still be there for your friend; you might just need to take a different approach to the way you’re supporting them.
- Be available. Continue to be supportive.
- Offer help.
- Become informed.
- Talk to someone yourself.
- Set boundaries.
- Don’t force the issue or put pressure on them.
- Don’t avoid them.
How can a girl be respected?
Here are 7 simple ways you can teach your girl to be more respectful today:
- Listen and be present.
- Be thoughtful of others’ feelings.
- Acknowledge others and say thank you.
- Address mistakes with kindness.
- Make decisions based on what’s right, not who you like.
- Respect physical boundaries.
- Live and let live.
Why do I focus on others and not myself?
Quite often, we focus on others because we have committed ourselves to too many things. For instance, if you are involved in several projects at a time, you may feel overwhelmed. You will have the feeling that you are not contributing as much or as well as you should have.
How can we help others in need?
Here are five ways:
- Offer Kindness Proactively. Pay attention to the people around you and what you can do to make their lives a little easier.
- Volunteer Your Time. Community service is one of the best ways to improve the lives of others.
- Donate to a Cause.
- Donate Unused Items.
- Say “Thank You”
Why do I always have to prove myself?
The reason why we want to prove ourselves when feeling criticised or misunderstood, we are deep down not confident of ourselves. When we rely on others for validating our self-worth, we get easily hurt and vulnerable. We don’t need other people to validate ourselves if we already feel worthy and enough.