Why is Microsoft forcing me to change my password?
This is a security feature of all Microsoft accounts which cannot be turned off. If the option for 72 days password expiration is enabled in your account then it will automatically ask you to reset password.
How do I change my password using Command Prompt?
Open Start on Windows 10. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option. In the command, make sure to change USERNAME with the account name you want to update. Type a new password and press Enter.
How do I stop Windows from asking me to change my password?
How do you turn off Windows 10 from making you change your…
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- In the run command box, copy or type lusrmgr.
- Click Users.
- Double-click the username that you want to disable password expiration.
- Put a check mark under “Password never expires”.
- Click Apply and hit OK.
How do you force a password to change on Windows 10?
In Windows Settings, tap on Security Settings. Under Security Settings, select Account Policies. Here, tap on Password Policy. Now, to force password change on Windows 10, select option Maximum Password Age.
Why does my Microsoft account keep asking for my password?
This issue can occur if the Logon network security setting on the Security tab of the Microsoft Exchange dialog box is set to a value other than Anonymous Authentication.
How often does Microsoft make you change your password?
Microsoft had the baseline to prompt users to change their passwords every 60 days—down from the original 90 days—and Margosis wondered whether that time interval made sense.
What do I do if I forgot my administrator password on Windows 10?
How to Reset Administrator Password in Windows 10
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Then select Settings.
- Then click on Accounts.
- Next, click on Your info.
- Click on Manage my Microsoft Account.
- Then click More actions.
- Next, click Edit profile from the drop-down menu.
- Then click change your password.
How do I find my administrator password on Windows 10 without changing it?
How do I find out what my administrator password is?
- Press Win-r . In the dialog box, type compmgmt. msc , and then press Enter .
- Expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder.
- Right-click the Administrator account and select Password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
Why does Windows keep asking for my password?
Cause. This issue can occur if the Logon network security setting on the Security tab of the Microsoft Exchange dialog box is set to a value other than Anonymous Authentication.
Why is Microsoft saying my password will expire?
Not many know this, but Windows 10 has a Password Expiry feature that discontinues your password after a certain number of days. Microsoft believes that periodic password expiration protects the user from unauthorized access.
How do you fix Windows 10 the users password must be changed before signing in?
- Press Windows key + R, then type lusrmgr. msc and press Enter.
- Click on Users, right-click on your OEM administrator account and select Properties.
- Uncheck the box for User must change password at next logon. Click on Apply and OK to save changes.
How do I force a user to change password on first login?
User must be force to change the password for the first time only after the password has been reset.
- Using chage command. This can be done using the chage command with -d option. As per man page of chage :
- Using passwd command. Another way to force user for password change is to use the command passwd with -e option.
How to set password policy in Windows 10?
– To configure this setting, double-click the Account lockout threshold policy setting. – Specify your desired lockout threshold value in the Account will lock out after box. – Click Apply and then click OK.
How to set pin instead of password in Windows 10?
Windows 10 may ask you to enter your user account password. Type it and press OK.If you have entered the password correctly, the “Set up a PIN” prompt is shown. You need to insert the PIN in the New PIN and Confirm PIN fields and press OK.If you want to include letters and symbols in your PIN, select the option that states this, type your PIN twice, and press OK.
How do I disable password in Windows 10?
You must be using a local account for the password removal trick to work.
How to change computer password easily and instantly?
Press Windows+R together to open the Run dialog box. Type netplwiz and hit Enter.