What are the 20 homophones?
20 Example of Homophones
What are homophones 10 examples?
English Homophones Words – Sample Questions….Homophones List.
|List of Homophones|
|Homophone Words & Sentences||Homophone Words & Sentences|
|Ate – The ape ate all the apples||Eight – We will meet after the office at eight|
|Bald – He is planning to go bald (hairless)||Bawled – She began to bawl (cry) like a child|
What are 20 homographs examples?
- Bear – To endure ; Bear – Animal.
- Close – Connected ; Close – Lock.
- Lean – Thin ; Lean – Rest against.
- Bow – Bend forward ; Bow – Front of a ship.
- Lead – Metal ; Lead – Start off in front.
- Skip – Jump ; Skip – Miss out.
- Fair – Appearance ; Fair – Reasonable.
- Quail – Cower ; Quail – Bird.
What are 4 homophones?
Common Homophones List
What is homophones give 5 examples?
Examples of Homophones
|air, heir||aisle, isle|
|sea, see||seam, seem|
|sew, so, sow||sight, site|
|shore, sure||sole, soul|
|some sum||son, sun|
What are some good homophones?
cell/sell: If you sell drugs, you will get arrested and end up in a prison cell. cent/scent: I won’t spend one cent on a bottle of perfume until I know that I love the scent. die/dye: If you accidentally drank a bottle of fabric dye, you might die. flour/flower: To bake a flower-shaped cake, you’ll need some flour.
What are homophones homographs examples?
Hence, Homonyms are words that sound alike and have different meanings. They either sound the same or are spelt the same, but their meanings are different….Homographs Examples:
- Entrance – the way in/ to delight.
- Bow – to incline/ type of knot.
- Bat – an animal/sports equipment.
What are homophones and why you should care?
Homophones are eerily similar to homonyms, although there is a key difference. A homophone is used when two words share the same sound and pronunciation, like a homonym; however, to be a homophone, they must be spelled differently. Homophone Examples: When he awoke days later, he felt as if he was in a daze.
What are the 20 examples of homophones?
Is there a homophone for trying?
Many students say to me ‘I’ve been trying to say them differently all this time’ because they just didn’t realise they were homophones. Listen to each of these homophone pairs and get your important English homophone practice for each.
What is the homophone for correct?
– Only 1 is correct – Only 2 is correct – Both 1 and 2 are correct – Only 3 is correct