What are the cons of going to university?
- You may not gain technical skills.
- You may not get employability skills.
- Contact time is less than at school.
- You’ll leave with a lot of debt.
- You will be committing at least three years of your life.
- You’re not guaranteed a graduate job.
- Lifetime earnings can be higher with an apprenticeship.
Do you need to go to uni to get a good job?
University can be a fantastic experience but having a degree is no longer a guarantee of securing a highly-paid job. For many sectors, such as law and medicine, having a university degree is a prerequisite, but there are plenty of other options.
Is it better to go to university or do an apprenticeship?
If you’re someone who really wants to embrace the student experience and explore your course subject in-depth, going to university might be for you. If you enjoy hands-on learning, want to get paid for on-the-job training and get a degree without tuition fees, then an apprenticeship could be a good option.
Is getting a trade worth it?
Compensation: Trades Jobs Are Well-Paying. Even those who are concerned about the hefty price tag of college still feel that while the cost may be high, it’s always worth it, since it will increase their lifetime earnings potential.
Is it better to learn a trade or go to college?
College allows you to explore a wide range of options, and also boasts extracurriculars, fraternities, and sororities. On the other hand, trade school offers skill-based learning with solid job opportunities — and significantly less debt than a college degree.
What jobs can I get without going to university?
The Top 21 Highest-Paying Jobs You Don’t Need A Degree For
- Cabin Crew Member – Average pay: £25,000.
- Personal Assistant – Average pay: £25,003.
- Prison Officer – Average pay: £27,037.
- Ethical Hacker – Average pay: £30,071.
- Journalist – Average pay: £30,998.
- Fashion Industry – Average pay: £32,500.
- Emergency services – Average pay: £32,500.
- Marketing – Average pay: £32,698.
What can I do without going to university?
We’ll take you through some of the common university alternatives:
- Degree apprenticeships.
- Foundation degrees.
- Higher apprenticeships.
- Entry-level jobs.
- Work experience or internships.
- Gap year.
- Starting your own business.
What are the pros and cons of going to a university?
Pros and cons of going to college
- Gain a better education: College is a tool for you to use to further your education.
- More job opportunities.
- New experiences.
- Get outside of your comfort zone/boundaries.
- Debt/Student loans.
- Jobs don’t require college education.
- Famous/rich people without college education.
What jobs pay 70k a year without a degree?
The 35 highest paying jobs you can get without a bachelors degree
- Air-traffic controllers.
- Radiation therapists.
- Elevator installers and repairers.
- Nuclear reactor operators.
- Detectives and criminal investigators.
- Commercial pilots.
- Power distributors and dispatchers.
- Dental hygienists.
Is $70000 a year a good salary?
An income of $70,000 surpasses both the median incomes for individuals and for households. By that standard, $70,000 is a good salary.